by Arthur Nijmeijer
1/350 DKM Bismarck (Tamiya)
Tamiya 1/350 scale. I decided on the Tamiya kit knowing that I would super detail whichever kit I used as a base. On hindsight Revell’s kit should have been chosen as it has a lot more basic detail which the Tamiya kit does not like porthole “eyebrows”
My interpretation of what she looked like a couple of weeks before her first and last operational cruise. The camouflage on the ship’s uppers was a step too far for me!
Extensive aftermarket components from;
- Mk1 Design, Deck and handrailing
- Veteran Models Kriegsmarine observation, Fire Control, 20mm and 37 mm AA guns.
- North Star paravanes
- WEM Bismarck PE set and Deck set
- Master Barrels
- Bunker Studio Training guns and fairleads.
- Tom’s Model works Kriegsmarine portholes and deck hatches.
- Extensive scratch building of details not included in Tamiya’s kit. I only discovered how inaccurate the kit is once I started research and the actual build, hence my comment that Revell’s offering would have been better.
I opted to leave the Kriegsmarine insignia swastikas off. A personal issue.