USS Independence LCS-2
by Rui Matos
1/700 USS Independence LCS-2 (Cyber Hobby)
Build is OOB except for:
- BFM RHIB boat (small) on port side
- GMM Modern USN railings
- Rigging is Caennis line
- Flag is from Tauro Models paper flags
The LCS-2 is painted with a mix of WEM Colourcoats and Humbrol enamel paints:
- - airbrushed the "base" with a mix of US Navy Haze Gray (WEM) + Aluminium (Humbrol) + White (WEM) at a 10/3/1 proportion.
- - Make a slightly darker variation of this, and airbrush some vertical "steps" with a hard line going smooth, from bow to stern, repeated four times (only on the vertical surfaces)
- - Mask the grid pattern on the vertical surfaces with 1mm tape and with a new mix, replacing the white by Gunmetal (Humbrol) painted the paneling effect.
(I may suggest airbrushing it, instead of paint brushing like I did!)
Weathered with artists oils (raw humber), checking and double checking the real ship photos
Pier is scratch, tractor and boat in water are from spares box... a few dozens of Eduard PE persons populate the pier and a hand full the LCS.
Water is watercolor paper, painted with acrylics, and with a double coat of Varnish.